When you first install WordPress onto your site, there will be a plugin that will be automatically installed called Akismet. Now it is your job to activate it with the API code.
Akismet is basically a plugin that prevents 99.9% of the comment spams on your site. It is really effective and it is worth the time to activate it. Guaranteed.
What You Need:
1. Go to your WordPress Admin Dashboard. Under Plugins, click Akismet Configuration.
2. You will see a header saying, “Please enter an API key“. Next to it, click on the link that says, “Get your key.“
3. You will be directed to a different page. You will be asked what you need Akismet for. If you don`t want to pay money for anything, choose the option of, “a single site“.
4. You will be required to fill out the text boxes with your information. Do so. When you`re finished, on the bottom, click continue.
5. You will be directed to a page where it says that the information is sent to your e-mail.
6. Your e-mail should have a new message.
7. The message will contain the code. Copy the code.
8. Go back to your Akismet Configuration page and paste the copied code to the textbox. After that, click Update Options.
9. Your Akismet is now verified.
Enjoy your spam-free blog!